Dow Jones & Company is currently seeking an entry-level Research Associate to join our Private Markets group in the Shanghai office. We are looking for an intelligent, positive, and responsible team member with high initiative, strong communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail. The candidate should exhibit an inquisitive nature and be able to learn quickly. The Research Associate will report to the Research Manager.
The Research Associate will:
- Learn venture capital and private equity lifecycle; and mechanisms of the private capital markets.
- Research the fundraising process of private equity and venture capital firms; limited partner and advisor commitments to private equity and venture capital funds.
- Research the financing status and progress of entrepreneurial companies backed by institutional investors.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication ability/skill in order to build rapport with industry contacts.
- Update a proprietary database using various sources that may include news articles, regulatory filings, Internet research, surveys, and/or direct calls to company executives for confidential information.
- Have the ability to read a newspaper or spreadsheet and rapidly spot the errors that others failed to catch. At the same time, a sense of perspective is needed to see the bigger picture.
- Work independently on assigned research tasks for timely completion.
- Work under tight publishing deadlines in a goal oriented environment.
- Be a team player and be flexible in order to contribute to projects as needed.
- University college degree required.
- Must be comfortable speaking effectively and professionally.
- Excellent proofreading and editorial skills.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint Access, Excel, formulas, pivots, macros a plus.
- General knowledge about economics and the financial markets in general, and the venture capital industry in particular, is helpful but not necessary. A broad interest in learning more about these topics, as well as a fascination with high-tech entrepreneurial startups, is essential.
- Online survey experience a plus.
- Fluency in English and Chinese (spoken and written). Fluency in Japanese is a plus.
Dow Jones offers the right professional an exceptional opportunity to develop their career with one of the world’s leading financial and business information companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter, detailed resume stating your qualifications in ENGLISH, and current and expected salary to:
[_ _Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.]
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28624
Job Locations CHN – SHANGHAI
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Back to top