Research Assistant (Student Intern)
The Research Associate will:
- Research the financing status and progress of venture capital and private equity-backed companies and investment firms.
- Update a proprietary database using various sources that may include news articles, regulatory filings, Internet research, surveys and social media.
- Have the ability to read a newspaper or spreadsheet and rapidly spot the errors that others failed to catch. At the same time, a sense of perspective is needed to see the bigger picture.
- Learn venture capital and private equity lifecycle; and mechanisms of the private capital markets.
- Work independently on assigned research tasks for timely completion.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work under tight publishing deadlines in a goal oriented environment.
- Be a team player and be flexible in order to contribute with projects as needed.
- Must be comfortable speaking effectively and professionally
- Excellent proofreading and editorial skills.
- Experience in a PC/Windows environment primarily using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint helpful, and experience with Internet research preferred.
- General knowledge about economics and the financial markets in general, and the venture capital industry in particular, is helpful but not necessary. A broad interest in learning more about these topics, as well as a fascination with high-tech entrepreneurial startups, is essential.
- Fluent English (spoken and written). Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
Dow Jones offers the right professional an exceptional opportunity to develop their career with one of the world's leading financial and business information companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter, detailed resume stating your qualifications in ENGLISH, and current and expected salary to:
[Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.]
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30254
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top