Reporter, Mansion Global
Reporter, Mansion Global
Mansion Global, the premier destination for news, analysis and trend stories on the luxury residential market worldwide, is seeking an experienced reporter to join its fast-paced digital newsroom.
This candidate must have a successful track record of working a beat, developing a broad base of sources, and writing on deadline. This person must be able to spot breaking news stories, identify buzzworthy features to write about and develop long-term projects that speak to a wide-ranging audience, from those seeking to make property investments to those who are simply curious or are seeking inspiration.
The ideal candidate should bring a breadth of knowledge about the major residential real estate markets worldwide and should have a good grasp of the global economic landscape.
- Write multiple original articles on a daily basis that are thoroughly reported, highly insightful written takeouts and enterprise pieces
- Work collaboratively with other members of the editorial staff to come up with original story ideas and to publish content
- Contribute to the work on data projects, interactive charts and other multimedia features as needed
- At least 5 years reporting experience in a digital newsroom
- Excellent editorial judgment and solid writing skills
- Comfort with reporting on data; working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under daily deadlines
- Ability to program and optimize content (SEO)
- Basic visuals editing/processing skills (web-based graphics tools, CMS, Photoshop)
- International reporting experience a plus, as well as a second language
Applications should include a resume, cover letter and up to five published clips.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28703
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area MANSION GLOBAL
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 ..
Back to top