Commercial Partnerships Relationship Manager
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk and Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The Commercial Partnerships team is focused on accelerating our subscriber base outside the United States through forming long-term partnerships. You will be a Relationship/Account Manager with an existing and growing global client base. You will be directly responsible for renewing high-value subscriptions with a book of business. In addition, this role is responsible for identifying and capitalizing on new revenue opportunities within existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals
Your clients will range from small firms to large membership organizations across, EMEA, APAC and Latin America. As an advocate for the team you will be required to build strong internal networks to best support clients. You will need to be highly confident, articulate and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment.
What are my accountabilities?
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships. Both Face to face and via telephone contact Maintain on-going client contact to ensure optimum client satisfaction to support renewal of partnership agreements
- Proven track record of working successfully in a challenging and commercially driven sales environment, with experience of working in a B2B account management or sales role
- Proven ability to independently problem solve effectively while also escalating when necessary
- Ability to think through processes and structure strategically
- Ability to structure and adjust communications (written and oral) based on audience
- Effectively work alongside and communicate with other stakeholders (internal and external) to increase engagement and size of account within life cycle of partnership
- Establish layered relationships at partner/client to gain greater understanding of client's objectives
- Ability to forecast on existing business and anticipate changes that would affect revenue
- International travel will be required
What do you need from me?
- Bachelors degree
- Fluent in spoken & written English
- Ability to handle a busy workload in a calm and professional manner being proactive/solution oriented
- Background in a publishing or an online solutions environment preferred, with strong negotiation skills necessary.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills - ability to interact with variety of different personalities, not afraid to challenge for follow up information - Both written and verbal
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Ability to be able to build relationships both internally and externally
- Self-motivated , trustworthy and builds confidence
- Knowledge and interest in the financial markets desirable
What we offer?
*I * n return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do I apply?
Dow Jones recruits high achievers, self-motivated and innovative thinkers and we reward talent with exceptional opportunities for career growth and competitive remuneration with comprehensive benefits. Those of you who think that this could be your most exciting sales call of the day and know that you can make an immediate contribution to the success of Dow Jones, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit in confidence a detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via our Career Site.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIPS
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 8627
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top