- New York, NY
Join the dynamic People team of Dow Jones! This global industry leader seeks a Recruitment Coordinator to become a part of a creative, professional and energetic environment.
The right person is smart, quickly and accurately carries out procedure, is able to anticipate and troubleshoot problems, has a high emotional intelligence, is outgoing, and possesses a discernible sense of humor. Finally, you must love learning, reading, media and entertainment - we are a leading global publishing company after all, and our parent company is News Corporation.
- Schedule of all interviews in a timely manner for a high volume recruitment team
- Responsible for all aspects of phone and in person interview scheduling, offer creation, and background check process.
- Provide top-level ad-hoc and regular recruiting reports for recruiters
- Maintain data integrity in systems of record through frequent communication with Recruiters and HRIS
- Post openings across various sites
- Manage a small requisition load or sourcing load based on team needs; work closely with hiring managers on full-life cycle recruiting.
- Network to find passive candidates via various channels: industry contacts, association memberships, groups and employees
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates
- Work with our recruiters and managers to gain a deep understanding our jobs and find creative sourcing solutions to provide a large volume of high quality active and passive candidates.
- Fully and accurately utilize the ATS (Taleo) and find efficiencies in process wherever needed.
- Utilize diverse channels of digital and social media sites for recruitment
- Screen candidates and qualify based off of requirements determined by hiring managers
- Responsible for contractor conversions
- Track all referrals.
- Initiate background checks; escalate discrepancies to Recruiting Manager for resolution
- Initiate new hire on-boarding
- 2-3 years of recruitment or administrative support experience
- Previous experience with HR databases and automated recruiting tools is preferred
- Previous experience running detailed reports (ideally from an applicant tracking or human resource management system) is a plus
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively and tactfully in a customer service manner
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management
- Must be computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be proficient in internet database research
- Must be able to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Taleo and PeopleSoft knowledge preferred
- Strong organizational skills, proven attention to detail/accuracy is required
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Human Resources Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 21729
Back to top