- Manage all aspects of the Customer teams QA/Testing needs
- Work closely with the QA and Development teams in understanding testing needs and priorities, and working with the automation team prioritize and deliver on projects that are defined
- Coordinates with the Release Manager and QA teams
- Proactively suggest improvements to the overall testing infrastructure and methodologies
- Expansion of the automated test case coverage for regression and new feature tests
- Helps maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures; code quality metrics (as decided by the program), dependencies, and notification lists
- Establish close working relationships with development teams, business analysts and business partners
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems testing or development with strong knowledge of AGILE.
- 2-4 years of technical management experience
- Strong knowledge of testing suites i.e. Selenium, Zephyr, etc
- Strong knowledge of advanced software repositories (Git, SVN).
- Experience with cloud based technologies required e.g. AWS Infrastructure Services
- Experience with Jira and Jenkins a plus
- API Testing Experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Able to use visual techniques, both in diagrams and informally on the whiteboard, that make it easier to understand and reason with difficult problems.
- Able to build strong personal relationships and trust.
- A thorough, appropriate and timely communicator. Able to clearly communicate complex technical subjects to business and technology stakeholders.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29046
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top