Project Manager, WSJ Membership
Manager, Operations - WSJ Professional Membership [Pro]
Who we are and what we do:
The WSJ Professional Membership team is responsible for recruiting and retaining members of the world's foremost influential business membership. We equip ambitious professionals with the essential intelligence and tools they need to better lead their industries, grow their businesses and advance their careers. We provide a highly specialized service that builds on the power of our journalism, the insight of our analysis, the ambition of our audience and the continuity of community.
The Membership Operations Manager will be responsible for achieving operational excellence within the WSJ Professional Membership unit, working closely with the team and key DJ matrix teams to help ensure that our ambitious membership team is set up for success through best-in-class tools, processes, and systems. Strong relationships with the team and cross-functional partners will be essential.
- Support the Director of Strategic Initiatives by leading system implementations, migrations and enhancements for C-Suite and Professional members
- Evaluate the state of current processes, systems and KPIs, and subsequently identify and prioritize a roadmap of process improvements for the WSJ Professional Membership leadership team
- Drive the execution of agreed upon process improvements
- Create documentation for new or improved operational process flows developed
- Collaborate within a matrix organization on project launches and/or implement improvements as project manager for the business and ensuring that timelines are adhered, including:
- Lead and Schedule weekly status meetings
- Create and maintain Smartsheet (or other application) to establish deadlines & track progress
- Ensure team members are products and services are delivered on schedule.
- Working with Analytics team to define and measure KPIs for success on products website
- Proactive in communicating progress and risks to management and stakeholders consistently
- Automate processes to the greatest extent possible
- Take initiative to identify and solve complex business problems, by framing problems strategically, conducting quantitative and qualitative research, and analyzing data & financials.
- Redefine business practices across the team to improve workflows, collaboration and efficiency as the business scales
- Work closely with the Customer Experience team team to ensure that WSJ Professional journeys (order fulfillment, billing, customer service, etc.) are documented and that journeys are optimized to facilitate improved performance.
- Manage & Respond to customer support mailbox email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for WSJ Pro products
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 3-5 years of project management & systems experience
- CRM, Ciboodle, PLS, Campaign Monitor systems experience
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders across the business
- Detailed oriented, with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Take ownership of problems with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts to make timely decisions for resolutions
- Ability to simplify and create focus amongst a complex organization and team
- Manage workload effectively in a fast paced environment
- Must be entrepreneurial and self-starter with the ability to fully own and drive projects forward
- Think strategically and execute methodically
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study
Position Reports To: Director of Strategic Initiatives
Location: New York
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ MEMBERSHIP GROUP
Job Category: About Us
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17916
Back to top