Project Manager, Native iOS
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Project Manager who wants to be part of a growing team where everyone has the opportunity to come up with new and creative ideas to help shape the future of our company by building game-changing software for both our world class newsroom as well as our large and attentive user base. Our project managers play a critical role in all stages of the product lifecycle, so we look for people who welcome accountability, enjoy solving the hard problems and have the initiative to drive processes that ship high quality software while maintaining a creative and inspiring environment for everyone involved.
- You will work closely with engineering, design and product managers in order to support the day to day delivery of our digital products.
- You will be involved in hands-on management of the App or Web backlogs, using Agile and Scrum best practices and techniques, as well as leveraging traditional project management skills to ensure our products and services are reliable, delivered on time, and meet business needs.
- As a PM you will be responsible for teaching, enhancing and enforcing the values and rules of Agile specifically leveraging the Scrum framework.
- Promote an iterative working style and self-organization across the teams
- Work closely and partnering with the Product Owner to deliver high quality products and drive user satisfaction.
- Plan and facilitate the various Scrum meetings (daily scrum, sprint review, retrospective and planning), manage key milestones and critical path
- Convert Requirements documentation, epics and user stories to requested work in Pivotal Tracker and or Jira, scoped, sized and organized for execution in partnership with QA and Engineering
- Track velocity as well as other delivery metrics to help best understand and broadcast our ability to execute against the plan
- Create status reports in the project as needed with a frequency and cadence defined by the Product Owner.
- Experience with workflow management, agile tools like Pivotal Tracker, Jira, etc.
- Day-to-day project management proven expertise
- Budget and resource allocation management and forecasting
- Ability to motivate and maintain project momentum
- History of shipping software at regular intervals
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Experience working with and balancing deliverables from multiple teams and ensuring approvals prior to launch from those teams in order to deliver to scope, on time.
- Experience ensuring overall KPIs are captured for projects that are metrics driven, baselined and measurable.
- An expressed desire to help build and sustain a top quality digital platform clearly worthy of the highest quality WSJ journalism it supports
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29854
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top