Project Manager, Innovation
The Dow Jones Innovation Lab is a compact, agile group responsible for early stage innovation and rapid product development at Dow Jones. Created in 2015, we work with internal and external entrepreneurs to execute strategic partnerships and projects, helping drive new business growth for Dow Jones.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading Dow Jones' Innovation team in delivering mobile products that span across one or more business units. You are in charge of managing resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. You will contribute to internal process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. You are responsible for verifying that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the use case. Communication is key as you will partner with all areas of the Dow Jones business as well as external clients and vendors to achieve product delivery.
- Manage product initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate dependencies between teams
- Manage all aspects of multiple related app projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Specify functional requirements through users stories for development teams based on product requirements and design specifications
- Coordinate product releases across a number of development and quality assurance teams, managing priorities and dependencies
- Lead daily stand up and other agile ceremonies to track progress of products under development and clear any blockers
- Vet and manage vendors to procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Knowledgeable of Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Strong experience with JIRA and other issue tracking software such as SmartSheets and Trello
- Previous experience working with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle.
- Mobile app experience preferred.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts and drafting statements of work
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting to executive stakeholders
- Intune with the latest technologies and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: INNOVATION
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 9720
Back to top