Programmatic Operations Specialist
Yield Analyst, Revenue Operations
Wall Street Journal Digital, the world's premier publisher of online business and financial news including The Wall Street Journal Online, Barron's Online and MarketWatch, has an exciting career opportunity available as a Yield Analyst within the Ad Sales Digital Strategy & Operations team.As a Yield Analyst, you will play a critical role in maximizing yield and revenue across WSJDN properties and platforms. Working in conjunction with the Sales Planning, AdOps, and Dow Jones Finance team, the Yield Analyst will compile, analyze, and report on digital revenue and inventory trends that will inform future WSJDN pricing decisions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data, strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a solid understanding of how the digital ecosystem works.
- Identify inventory trends and develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports and models that will inform pricing decisions
- Distribute regular reporting that provides a holistic view of revenue that includes direct and indirect bookings and forecasted pipeline
- Collaborate with Dow Jones Finance team on monthly and quarterly inventory and revenue reporting
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions that help to provide efficiency within the Revenue Operations team, including the development of tools, processes, systems and reports
- Monitor inventory forecasts and sell-through rates in order to maximize yield and offer suggestions for inventory packaging
- Solid understanding of digital systems including, or similar to: DFP, Operative1 (Op1), YieldEx, Omniture, Moat, Domo, SalesForce, Rubicon, AdX, BlueKai, Data Warehouse
- Expert level Excel modeling experience preferred
- Knowledge of BigQuery and SQL a plus
- Strong capacity to work with internal partners to improve processes and develop best practices.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently within a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented and highly motivated
- BA/BS College degree required.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30428
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Sales Operations
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Advertising
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top