Program Manager, WSJ Conferences
About this role:
The Program Manager will join the entrepreneurial team that produces best-in-class global conferences at The Wall Street Journal. The team creates, runs and manages successful conferences and by invitation membership groups which convene in major cities around the globe, bringing together the world's leading C Suite executives, politicians, industry experts and vertical business communities. The roster of conferences and membership groups will grow significantly over the next few years, and this is a high-profile role with exposure to Dow Jones' and the Journal's senior leadership.
The role requires a high level of collaboration. The successful candidate, based in London, will be expected to work closely with colleagues in the US and APAC.
- Compile and submit list of prospective speakers to editorial team
- Extend invitations (by email, telephone, and in-person) to prospective speakers (may include drafting invitations)
- Follow up with speakers' offices to confirm receipt of invitation
- Maintain relationship with speakers' offices up to and through event
- Ensure speaker logistics pre- and during events
- Responsible for on-site event flow: arrival times, on-stage times, and session elements
- Write script for editorial event host
- Post-event followup and thank yous
- Extensive related experience with B2B event production
- Experience managing high level, white glove relationships
- Ability to generate a sense of urgency to ensure prompt response and speaker commitment
- Ability to convey the value associated with participating in a Wall Street Journal conference
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple events at the same time
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29948
Job Locations GBR-LONDON
Job Function Marketing
Business Area CONFERENCES
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top