Program Director, Cloud Services
- Solving a problem with a software development mindset
- Candidate works on deployment strategies and automation for cloud native applications
- Work on building automated build pipeline, continuous integration, continuous deployment and test automation frameworks with tools such as Git and Jenkins
- Develops automation using Shell scripting, Python, Linux, Windows, Docker, Chef and other DevOps utilities. Development in HashiCorp toolset (Vagrant, Vault) is a plus.
- Works on creating and implementing application monitoring, and logging strategies using tools like New Relic, Splunk, OpsGenie and Cloud tools like AWS monitoring suite
- Responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure on cloud platforms
- Knowledgeable in CI servers & tools including Jenkins, Chef, Artifactory, Terraform and Docker
- Responsible for building tools and services from scratch to fill the existing gaps
- Works on troubleshooting application integration issues with Dev, QA and, or other DevOps teams
- Get requirements and facilitates infrastructure changes like fw rules, DNS and load balancers
- Understand best practices for code promotion across the various environments. (builds, approvals, release) – strong SDLC background in Agile/Iterative practices
- Ensure that code quality tools are run on all software prior to release
- Cost responsibilities for our cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions across business units including reporting and tracking costs
- Possesses a solid understanding of modern web application architecture, TCP/IP, HTTP, and complex cloud network and security topologies
- Hands on experience with administering Linux and Windows systems
- Scripting experience with Shell, Python, Ruby, Chef, BASH, etc
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, VPC, RDS, ELB, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Route53, S3, Cloudformation etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and management tools that integrate with AWS
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Willingness to learn and build new tools from scratch
- Software programming experience with any of these languages (Node.js, Python, Ruby, or Java)
- Passion- about technology and the solutions we are designing.
- Communicationthat is articulate, clear and concise in regular conversation with your team and the wider stakeholder groups.
- Attention to Detail- focused on the finer details that make a difference.
- Delivery Focus- pragmatic and driven to get solutions live.
- AProactiveattitude – you are a self starter who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Awareness of industry trends- such as challenges and best practices.
- Positive attitude- generating enthusiasm among team members
- Awareness of, and the ability to manage, business and technology
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28812
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Back to top