Product Strategist - Risk & Compliance
- Barcelona, Spain
The Professional Information Business (PIB) at Dow Jones plays a critical role in the delivery of key B2B products in order to be the power behind global businesses. We are a global business with a significant proportion of our customers coming from outside the US. We provide information, data and analytics to help support and drive our customers' key business decisions, and protect their organizations from risk. The PIB business is broken into three customer focused verticals to solve for user solutions: Knowledge & Insight, News Alerts & Data, and Risk & Compliance. These teams are continually looking to develop innovative new products to further serve our customer needs.
The Product Strategist role is to own the success and quality of products within your portfolio. It requires strong collaboration skills to work across the business to ensure that existing products are fully understood and represented professionally and any improvements to existing products and new products are driven by customer demand.
This is a hands-on position that requires strategic vision, excellent communication skills, and talent for managing all the elements in bringing successful products and services to market. You will have experience with the technical delivery and experience managing a product portfolio with an enthusiasm and passion for all things digital.
- Develop the business requirements for new products or enhancements and work with Technology to ensure the design, scope and delivery timescales are in line with this.
- Work with Market Specialists to understand the changing customer landscape, customer needs and use-cases, and how these should influence the development of our product roadmap.
- Develop a goodunderstanding of competitor products and services to provide clear direction to the business on where this presents risks or opportunities.
- Work with the Technical Product Managers to pull together a single version of the product roadmap, which can be used to communicate to key stakeholders.
- Serve as the product and services expert, providing the business with the documentation, tools and training necessary to increase sales and customer satisfaction/retention.
- Manage and prioritize the backlog of product requirements, ensuring the business is updated on plans and any changes to the original scope.
- Where products are delivered through 3rd parties, work with the Technical Product Manager or Partners to ensure they are clear on requirements and sign off on any scoping documentation, development costs and ongoing support costs.
- Own the UAT of products within your portfolio, engaging all relevant groups across the business to complete and sign off testing prior to Technology hand-over to the business.
- Carry out a post implementation review of all products, ensuring the value of new functionality and content is assessed and the overall product ROI is measured.
- Monitor the usage of all products within your portfolio and identify and deliver strategies to drive engagement and usage.
- Monitor performance of all products and raise any issues or concerns with Technology to initiate remedial action.
- Ability to clearly define goals/milestones, with a strong track record of delivery
- A good understanding of competitor products and services to provide clear direction to the business on where this presents risks or opportunities
- Ability to serve as the product and services expert, providing the business with the documentation, tools and training necessary to increase sales and customer satisfaction/retention
- Ability to lead a team to define and deliver the go-to-market strategy for all new products and services or enhancements, ensuring engagement from all key areas across the business
- Ability to consistently demonstrate sound commercial judgment
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to communicate successfully across multiple teams, e.g. Technology, Operations, Sales, and clients
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - RISK & COMPLIANCE
Job Category: Strategy Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 21993
Back to top