Product Marketing Manager, WSJ Exec Conferences
The Sales Development group at The Wall Street Journal is comprised of four distinct teams that play a critical role in supporting all aspects of the advertising sales process for our global suite of brands. Events, Research, Integrated Marketing and Product Marketing all come together to create best-in-class solutions for our list of 1000+ advertising clients.
Each year, the editors of The Wall Street Journal host several exclusive, invitation-only conferences that bring together the world’s most influential leaders from industry, finance, government and policy. At these intellectually rigorous, highly interactive events, there are no prepared speeches; instead the Journal editors lead dynamic discussion with global experts on the most pressing topics of our time.
As we continue to expand the number of events we hold each year, we are in need of a Product Marketing Manager for WSJ Executive Conferences. In this role you will work very closely with the Conferences Director to manage the sales marketing collateral and sponsor activations for each of these events. This is a client-facing role that requires poise, excellent project management skills, organization, and superior communication skills.
- You will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of all selling materials for WSJ Executive Conferences inclusive of general presentations, media kit maintenance, and tactical conference specific communications
- Assist conference sales team in achieving sales goals by managing all sponsor deliverables from planning, through execution, to debrief.
- Serve as the liaison and single point of contact between WSJ conference sponsors and their agencies and all Dow Jones production teams and vendors
- Provide sponsors with a seamless experience by developing relevant activations that integrate with our conference objectives and positively portray their brand to high caliber attendees
- Build strong partnerships with DJ Conferences and Editorial teams to ensure sponsor interests are well represented as we look to push the boundaries for how we integrate brands into the conference experience
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience
- Experience working in ad sales marketing function preferred, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Ability to interface with multiple groups and teams within the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational prowess
- Attention to detail
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28274
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Back to top