Product Marketing Manager, Strategic Products
The Sales Development group at The Wall Street Journal is comprised of four distinct teams that play a critical role in supporting all aspects of the advertising sales process for our global suite of brands. Events, Research, Integrated Marketing and Product Marketing all come together to create best-in-class solutions for our list of 1000+ advertising clients.
The Wall Street Journal and its parent company News Corporation have been actively launching and acquiring brands that fit within the companies overall strategic growth plan in areas like Real Estate, Financial Markets and Politics. In order to optimize the growth of these brands we have created a company within a company called Dow Jones Media Group (DJMG).
With the creation of DJMG comes the need for a Product Marketing Manager on the Sales Development team to provide marketing support for our Real Estate focused brands like Mansion, Mansion Global and Realtor.com. This position is also tasked with supporting more established brands like MarketWatch.
The Product Marketing Manager will work closely with the Real Estate and MarketWatch sales teams on creating general and advertiser specific presentations, house ads and e-blasts to drive advertiser interest in special sections/new products, process barter agreements to raise brand awareness within the category, handle onsite trade show management and produce other marketing collateral as needed.
- Sales Tools You will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of all selling materials for DJMG brands inclusive of general presentations, sell sheets and select advertiser specific communications
- Product Promotion: You will work with the different sales teams to turn editorial offerings into sales opportunities by creating compelling sales tools that drive advertising interest. For example, WSJ produces roughly 25 special real estate features per year and each section needs marketing support in the form of print and digital house ads to drive inbound leads.
- Trade show management : The Real Estate sales team regularly attends trade show events around the world, the Product Manager is responsible for organizing WSJ’s onsite presence
- Barter Relationships: Many of the special advertising features and trade shows WSJ attends are done through barter partnerships whereby we exchange advertising space in exchange for presence at select events. These barter relationships are critical to our revenue generation efforts for the category.
- Category & Brand Champion: As the Dow Jones Media group marketing lead and product evangelist you will work with the integrated marketing and sales teams to bring new revenue opportunities to market.
- Minimum 3-5 years marketing experience
- Experience working in ad sales marketing function preferred, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications; Powerpoint and Photoshop skills preferred
- Ability to interface with multiple groups and teams within the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational prowess
- Attention to detail
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28283
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Back to top