Product Designer, WSJ
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a digital product designer to join our Design and UX team, focusing on designing for our responsive website WSJ.com and our internal editorial tools. In this position you will be working alongside designers, ux researchers, product managers, engineers and editors to create beautiful and coherent experiences that our readers and editors love. You should be an excellent communicator, self-starter, and collaborative enthusiast. In this role you will be reporting to the Design Director of web.
Responsibilities and what you'll do
- Work within the inhouse Design and UX team to design, prototype, and develop solutions for WSJ.com and internal editorial tools
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and editors to implement and deliver final products
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with our ux team, and refine designs with data and user feedback
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across all WSJ digital products
- Further develop and help implement the WSJ design language system
- 3+ years experience designing user-interfaces for content-rich native apps
- Familiar with web design best practices and the latest accessibility standards
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Skilled with Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design & prototyping tools
- Good understanding of current web and app technologies
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30029
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Creative
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top