For more than 125 years, we have been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top professionals and enterprises. In this time we have become a leader in news and data and home to leading products including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Risk and Compliance, Financial News, VentureSource and our recently launched Data News and Analytics platform, DNA.
The DNA platform was borne of necessity, the convergence of internal forces which included pivoting to a platform based product development strategy and the need to extract insight from our rich corpus of siloed data to power our research and journalism.
The result, is a platform that enables enterprise customers and partners to integrate directly with Dow Jones' world class information and patented taxonomy via. But most importantly this enables our customers and partners to unlock greater value from our premium news content for data mining, machine learning, predictive modelling, workflow integration and it provides a foundation on which to build enterprise solutions.
DNA demonstrates the unique intersection of content, data, technology and innovation at which Dow Jones operates and our desire to deliver leading data products and solutions to power professionals and enterprises.
The Product Analyst is an analytical role which requires intellectual curiosity, a strong bias to action and a passion for solving enterprise problems with data & technology. Accountable to the General Manager, the Product Analyst is responsible for supporting the flawless execution of a market driven approach to product development and go to market for DNA.
This hands-on role requires commercial acumen, analytical skills, exemplary communication and the ability to work across organizational boundaries.
The ideal candidate combines their strong analytical and consulting skills, voice of customer, marketplace and competition to identify how to exploit Dow Jones' underlying technical data platform and datasets to deliver business outcomes for our customer and growth opportunities for Dow Jones and its partners.
- Support the execution of the product and go to market strategy including analysis and research underpinning the vision, goals and initiatives. Facilitate the capture and synthesis of voice of customer ideas and creation of value propositions.
- Work in conjunction with Technology, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Policy and Pricing and Data Strategy stakeholders to govern and facilitate the execution of technical and commercial solutions and deliverables. Ensure alignment with these groups.
- Develop the integrated product and go to market plan (using) in collaboration with Technology, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Policy and Pricing and Data Strategy to ensure flawless delivery.
- Report the performance of customer lifecycle metrics across lead generation, sales, adoption, usage and satisfaction and govern initiatives to optimize.
- Deliver analysis that provides customer, sector, partner and competitor (market) intelligence including pricing and identify opportunities and risks.
- Facilitate customer advisory board activities for key customers and partners.Gatherfeedback directly from our customers or via commissioned surveys or research and use this to develop value propositions and actions plans.
- Develop thought leadership content including white papers for marketing and sales activities to demonstrate the value of the platform to customers and partners. Utilize materials for internal and external stakeholder communications.
- Act as product subject matter expert providing internal stakeholders with the advice, documentation, tools and training necessary to increase sales and customer retention and advocacy. This includes providing hands-on support to the sales teams for customer meetings.
- Ensure our customers, partners and key internal and external stakeholders are kept up-to-date on our activities.Also ensure thatall communication produced about the business is correct and engaging.
- Work with industry forums to ensure that our platform is well understood and represented by them.
- Own UAT, engaging all relevant groups across the business to complete and sign off testing prior to Technology release.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in product management and market analysis
- Experience in go to market execution including customer lifecycle optimization
- Experience with technical project or delivery management
- Experience in Financial Services, major management consulting or major technology professional services firm
- Experience with platform, cloud and utility computing technology business models
- Experience with and strong working knowledge of API, data analysis and processing tools, machine learning and application development technologies
- Demonstrates sound commercial acumen and the ability to develop business cases and plans
- Demonstrates excellent communication, influencing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrates excellentanalytical, research, organizational and planning skills
- Experience with product management tools including
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, or equivalent practical experience
- Certification in data science & engineering or machine learning technologiespreferred
- Ability to qualify and close a DNA client sale or partner deals
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30156
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area PIB OFFICE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top