Principal Engineer, Full-stack
- Princeton, NJ
Job Description:The Principal Engineer is a senior technical leadership role in the Wall Street Journal's Digital Experience Team (DXS). A senior principal engineer who sets strategic technical direction, gets agreement from the newsroom, engineering teams and wider business partners from across the company. The Senior Principal Engineer will contribute to hands-on coding and help drive a plan through to fruition. They are passionate about technology and can accomplish their goals through innovation, collaboration, and communication, and diving in to contribute themselves.
This Senior Principal Engineer will be focused on various new technologies that form a crucial pillar for WSJ's strategic growth goals. You will architect and guide the delivery of cross-departmental programs. Programs require many teams and partners. You will be needed to bridge the gap between these areas and deliver scalable, sustainable solutions and meet our goals.
The Wall Street Journal engineering team is part of the Dow Jones Technology department. This position will help ensure our solutions align with the larger Dow Jones strategy for technology, with a view on building functionality that can be broadly adopted and reused by other teams and departments.
- Be a strong full-stack developer. Expert knowledge of web application development is mandatory. Cloud development and expertise of stacks such as Node.JS is a must.
- Design and lead the development of key architectural projects to improve our platforms and technology
- Work closely with journalists, product managers, designers and other engineering teams to design solutions that meet our goals.
- Mentor and support engineers across all WSJ engineering teams
- Define best practices and standards that lead to broad, positive change for
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the web application space.
- An experienced engineer with at least 3 years in a lead or management role
- An expert in building robust architectures that serve millions of users daily
- Played a central role in decision making for both technical and organizational issues.
- Very strong skills in written, visual, and verbal communications.
- A passionate mentor, sought out by other employees and external teams and individuals
- Well-versed in the news and media industry, possessing a deep and broad knowledge of both current and new technologies that affect the business
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 23293
Back to top