The Planning Director will play a critical role within our fast paced advertising sales team, focused on managing a small but growing pre- and post-sale planning and campaign management team, and providing support for digital campaigns with first-class client communication. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee all stages of the sales process through constant coordination with your sales, ad ops and marketing counterparts.
You will be successful in this role if you learn quickly, have proven experience meeting tight deadlines and take pride in your ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Manage the planning and campaign management team and overseeing all digital campaigns
- Pre-Sale duties include gathering sales materials, utilizing research data and tools, creating compelling and competitive media plans.
- Campaign management includes processing orders, gathering creative, booking inventory in DFP, monitoring 3rdParty delivery, proactive, and managing day-to-day issues.
- Custom content campaign management includes monitoring live programs, weekly reporting from social and traffic platforms, and recommending real time optimizations to ensure content success.
- Post-Sale duties include all billing & reconciliation, creating comprehensive re-caps of campaigns, making recommendations for future campaigns, providing further data and information to the client/agency.
- Customer Service
- Provide outstanding customer service both externally, to our clients and potential clients, and internally to the Sales Reps you support.
- Build solid customer relationships and act as a point person for standard client questions.
- Assisting Sales Reps
- Utilize reporting tools such as Salesforce, OperativeOne and internal databases for the Sales Rep.
- Liaise with internal partners on behalf of the Sales Rep, to enhance proposals to clients.
- Work closely with the entire advertising sales department to meet monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals for the publication and digital services.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with ideally 3-5 years of sales planning and/or campaign management experience.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Organization, communications and office skills. Proven ability to be concise, effective and productive.
- Exceptional work ethic: ability to proactively manage workload, as well as perform well in a team environment.
- Software skills: Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, DFP and Google docs. OperativeOne experience or similar tools/databases a strong advantage.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28501
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Sales Planning/Support
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Advertising
Job Area2 ..
Back to top