People Operations Manager
Join the People Operations team as a key member responsible for shared service support within the News Corporation.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with application users and stakeholders to develop requirements for requested Workday enhancements
- Recommend Workday technical solution taking into account priorities and tradeoffs, and drive alignment among stakeholders
- Manage implementation/enhancement projects, build and execute detailed implementation plans, including design, build QA/ test, deploy and support components
- Lead functional analyst to troubleshoot and resolve Workday issues; escalate issues with application management support (AMS) partners
- Provide support to News Corp and Dow Jones, Storyful and NTS by analyzing user issues and resolving them via technical solution and/or process re-engineering
- Enforce the system migration procedures in comply with existing SOX change control policies
- Assist the department to maintain proper internal control for SOX Compliance
- Identify opportunities to enhance Workday via the semi-annual release
- Lead the change management efforts on new business processes
- Consult with business and process owners to understand the business case for development requests, process improvements, new interfaces, and enhancements
- Collaborate with other People Ops team members to create, analyze, update, refresh, and maintain technical requirements and test plans for the various People Operations applications
- Build relationships with People team stakeholders to understand business needs and translate needs into system and reporting requirements
- Collaborate with other News Corp companies' Compensation Teams to execute the annual compensation planning process and performance management process
- 5+ years of Benefits, Payroll, Time Off management, performance management and compensation planning experience
- Expert knowledge in the following modules in Workday
- Absence Management
- Time Tracking
- Performance Management
- Compensation Management
- Hands on configurations and maintenance support experience with Workday is a must
- Prior Workday implementation experience
- Prior experience in managing an offshore team
- Capable of working independently, retain flexibility and maintain composure under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) as well as outstanding customer service orientation. Prior experience in presenting solutions to C-Level executives
- Demonstrate ability to maintain and support HR applications and in-depth knowledge of international payroll process
- Ability to perform process re-engineering, troubleshoot problems and determine root causes of business issues
- Prior project management experience is a huge plus
- Travel required to other offices
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Human Resources Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16855
Back to top