Financial News People Editor
Editor, Financial News
- Responsible for ensuring FN has the best coverage of people moves, workplace diversity issues, business education, employment trends, city life and careers targeted at for FN's core audience (finance sector, London).
- Responsible for managing the People team.
- Edits People copy, both in-house and commissioned. Occasionally edits copy from other teams on people issues.
- Writes stories for People.
- Primarily responsible for soliciting People pieces from the broader FN/DJMG team.
- Be FN's chief liaison with HR professionals, employment lawyers, business schools, headhunters etc in The City and look to help build FN's profile in this audience, organizing events as appropriate.
- Participates in weekend/holiday coverage rota as appropriate
Key skills required
- Demonstrates excellent news judgment and creative authority.
- Experience editing copy (in house and commissioned) quickly and accurately.
- Ability to generate ideas on upcoming events for the People beat, alongside special social media projects.
- Ability to manage and coach the People Reporter
- Demonstrate a willingness to work as a team and cover for other reporters/editors where required.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30302
Job Locations GBR-LONDON
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area FINANCIAL NEWS
Job Area1 ..
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top