People Business Partner (Human Resources)
- London, United Kingdom
People Business Partner (EMEA)
Dow Jones, a leader in the global media industry, seeks a People Business Partner to work as partner and consultant to our global business units. The People Business Partner is an effective administrator and HR practitioner who embodies and supports our core values of curiosity, trust & humility.
The People team is uniquely positioned as a partner to our employees and businesses to co-create and develop relationships strategically focused on both people and business goals. People Business Partner understand the evolving needs of the business. Through collaboration with the People team's Centers of Expertise, Business Partners ensure the workforce is fit for the future. Reporting to the Director, People Advisors, the Business Partner will support the team effectiveness process. A true proponent of data-driven strategies. The People Business Partner is capable of challenging convention, building relationships and thinking critically.
Central in this role is to build and develop effective relationships with employees and business partners across the region as a creative thought partner. The People Business Partner will be a champion of organizational culture and core values. She/he will help to define and exhibit behaviors that enable the desired culture.
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of the organization. You will also provide appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and individual contributors across the organization.
- Build/develop cohesive, working relationships with key stakeholders and business partners ensuring a smooth implementation and execution of all HR initiatives. You will be a trusted confidante, advisor and coach to senior leaders and executives in your business areas.
- Work closely and in constant communication with Business Partners in other locations to ensure fluid and cohesive People business partnering of each business area.
- Drive employee engagement across assigned business units, and the region as a whole.
- Manage and facilitate organizational design and ongoing org and team visioning, and team building that supports change and drives growth. This will include championing talent mapping initiatives and succession planning for all employee groups, identifying employee development needs, making recommendations and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Coach internal client base to become effective in managing performance, conduct, difficult personalities, and engagement.
- Effectively manage, with local expertise and sensitivity, employee relations issues including large- and small-scale redundancies, local labour issues and employee relations across EMEA. This includes maintaining excellent relationships with our employment lawyers based in the US.
- Manage and nurture relationships with key partners within the organisation, including the Employee reps in Paris, Legal, Finance, local Managing Directors.
- Be a passionate employee engagement and company culture champion;
- Act as number 2 to the People team Senior Manager and facilitate team meetings / training as needed.
- Advise the US People team on local market landscapes and best in market practices across the region to ensure these are accounted for in our HR strategy / policy roll outs. This will include interpreting Global / US focused company policies ensuring compliance with labour laws and local market practice and initiating, reviewing or revamping policies/procedures where necessary to ensure legislation compliance.
- Strive toward excellence in knowledge of local employment practices to ensure the team and Company are in compliance with local laws.
- Strive toward excellence and manage Global Mobility efforts and related matters in assigned business areas. Ensure Dow Jones are provided with
- Provide sound, efficient and creative advice from immigration counsels and global mobility providers. Ensure an excellent employee experience at all times.
- Work closely with the Benefits Manager to ensure employee benefits are effectively executed across the region.
- Strive towards automation via Workday for our basic HR related administration. Spot opportunities to improve, and automate and see them through to closure.
- Perform data audits to ensure timely and accurate entry and maintenance of the employee database and in all human resources administrative tasks including contracts of employment, salary increase letters, confirmation letters, and staff records. Including regular reporting.
- Collaborate and support People team coordinator projects.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Human resource and or experience certifications preferred.
- Fluency in French or German is preferred.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Human Resources Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 21969
Back to top