Join the dynamic People team of Dow Jones! This global industry leader seeks a People Advisor in the Barcelona office to assist our EMEA People Team in a professional, fast paced and energetic environment.
Through this position, you will have the opportunity to partner with our team to gain experience in a department focused on best practices and extraordinary service levels. Reporting to the EMEA Director People Business Partner in London this position will collaborate to:
- Provide front line support to employees and managers at the Barcelona office covering all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Recruitment planning with the Dow Jones Recruitment team and hiring managers and on-boarding of new starters (permanent, temporary and internship positions). Assist with applications of Spanish working permit (NIE) as and when required. Arrange the buddy program for all new starters.
- Timely tracking and management of probationary periods, onboarding and absence management such as maternity/paternity leaves, sick leaves, voluntary leaves and off-boarding in accordance with Spanish statutory requirements.
- Process all the Flexible Working requests from employees in accordance with the prevailing guidelines (Hot Desking and Desplazamiento).
- Process overtime and payroll transactions on a monthly basis together with the EMEA Payroll team and the Compensation team at Dow Jones
- Provide support on performance management and employee relations issues to ensure compliance of current Company and People policies.
- Coordinate employee transfers in association with the Global Mobility team, from visa applications and right to work procedures to monitor the immigration status of employees with restricted eligibility to work.
- Support/assist projects to comply with local legal requirements (e.g. Gender Equality, Disability Quota).
- Spanish and English spoken and written is mandatory;
- Previous experience in a similar position;
- Basic knowledge of Spanish Labor laws;
- Ability to work in a fast paced international environment with excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Knowledge of Google Drive, MS Word and Excel;
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, team player;
- Degree holder in Human Resources Management, Psychology, or relevant field;
What we offer:
- A full-time and permanent position (40h per week) from Monday to Friday.
- Competitive benefit package: Restaurant tickets, Private medical insurance, Pension plan, Fitness reimbursement.
- Work in a global and fast paced Company with a dynamic and multicultural atmosphere.
- Career development.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top