Perform daily mailroom operations in the manufacturing of Dow Jones’ and contract print publications in a cost-effective manner, with the highest quality standards available using existing technology. This includes but is not limited to Preparing, Operating and Maintain newspaper mailing and bundling equipment and all associated pressroom equipment. This includes splicing and installing label lists onto labelers, push rolls of plastic and paper, sorting tops, setting up and operating controls for stackers, conveyors and other equipment, and general equipment cleaning and maintenance Meet customer expectations for reproduction quality, content freshness and productivity, while managing materials consumption cost-effectively
- Prepare mailroom for nightly operation of Dow Jones & Co. publications.
- Discard all printed waste into bailers or compactors.
- Perform mailroom operations to continuously improve upon the Production Quality Score, which integrates key performance measures such as reproduction quality, content freshness, productivity, and cost-effective materials consumption.
- Maintain open communication with supervisor and other employees while clearly to reach the goals and objectives of the department.
- Assist in the training of new employees.
- Meet established performance standards, attend recommended training and complete active assignments..
- Understand and follow all corporate and plant policies/practices. Keep accurate, useful and timely operational and maintenance records. Work with the production manager to set equipment maintenance priorities.
- Good vision, balance, hearing, & hand eye coordination. Also must be able to stand for 7.5 hrs, be able to lift 50 lbs., kneel, bend, stoop and reach out and over head, climb stairs and ladders and push rolls of newsprint.
- High School Graduate or equal..
- Mechanically inclined.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of business PC applications and mailroom controls.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29147
Job Locations USA – MA-CHICOPEE
Job Function Production
Business Area OPERATIONS
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top