Organizational Engagement and Effectiveness Director
- Princeton, NJ
Dow Jones, a leader in the global media industry, seeks a Director, Organizational Engagement & Effectiveness (OEE). As career growth and development are primary drivers of engagement and integral to our company's success. This new role for a strategic Organizational Engagement and Effectiveness Leader to position us for the future. The Director is a resonant leader who operates by using and supporting the organization's core values of curiosity, trust & humility.
Reporting to the SVP, People Development & Learning, the OEE will be passionate about creating cutting-edge talent management strategies, tools and processes that catalyze growth and maximize performance. He/She will help drive our forward-looking culture leading the enterprise-wide strategy for identifying and developing the agility of talent to move up, down and across the organization. The incumbent will work in partnership with the Business and our People Team to transform our internal mobility practices leveraging data to drive decisions around future talent and the health and engagement of our business.
The OEE lead will have a deep background in leading progressive company-wide performance, talent, succession, engagement efforts and inspire thought leadership in organizational design as we scale for the future. The incumbent will report to the Head of Talent, will have leadership responsibilities, and is a key member of the Talent Development Team, providing consulting and execution on OEE strategies to drive exceptional results.
- Create and implement an integrated approach to talent, performance, career growth and engagement.
- Build out the performance capabilities of our global talent and their respective functions.
- Challenge current thinking and business practices to generate awareness of the paths forward to accomplish ambitious goals.
- Lead a high-performing, passionate, and fun team that delivers an incredible experience for our global employees.
- Work in lockstep with our business to deeply own the talent strategy and organizational design that aligns to the business strategy.
- Develop and lead a team that will educate, advise and influence business leaders on business transformation topics including: organizational assessment, organizational effectiveness, team effectiveness, and change management.
- Act as a consultant with the business leaders to define skills, capabilities and future needs that strengthen the organization for continued growth.
- Partner with People Ops and Learning Technologists to leverage state-of-the-art technology that creates a simple, clean and user-friendly employee experience.
- Work closely with the Talent, Recruitment, D&I, Compensation, People Operations and HR Business Partner teams to execute the strategy.
- Apply leading edge frameworks, methods, practices and tools to improve enterprise organizational effectiveness.
- Dive deep into the team's processes and use data and clear metrics to drive decisions.
- Provide exceptional training, comms, and marketing for the organization around these enterprise-wide activities.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve systems, processes, and resource allocation across the company.
- 6-8 years experience in combination with a blend of some of the following disciplines: Organizational Effectiveness, Organizational Engagement, Organizational Design, Change Management and Leadership Development.
- Advanced understanding OD/OE techniques and Talent Management strategies with the ability to adapt traditional approaches.
- Advanced knowledge of Performance, Talent, Succession techniques, systems, and strategies.
- Able to demonstrate the use of innovative and creative ideas to address business challenges and opportunities.
- Strong capability to influence at the executive level and communicate ideas and work effectively.
- Thrive in a global, fast-paced environment, with a great sense of teamwork and is great at driving projects to completion.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to the changing needs and priorities of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Behavior/Development. Graduate degree preferred.
- OD/Learning/other industry certifications.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Human Resources Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 20487
Back to top