When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy media and technology companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we’re newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television—including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world’s commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years of focused web experience and an outstanding portfolio of solid development work. Must be ready to step into a fast-paced, deadline driven, team environment, working on world class web properties. Will work directly for the Consumer Web Engineering Manager, partnering with the Senior Web Developer, Project Managers, Front-End Developers, as well as Editors and Ad Ops teams. This position will be based in New York or Princeton Offices.
Ideal candidate is someone who brings a creative approach to everything they do, offering innovative solutions that help enable the team to meet deadlines and project goals. Successful candidate is someone who can take the ball and run with it, help guide the process, and share knowledge and solutions consistently with the teams, representing themselves and our team well.
Become a member of the Dow Jones team, where you will work alongside business stakeholders, product owners, and developers to create highly interactive, dynamic and data driven products for Dow Jones.
- Reporting to the Creative Director, WSJ. Custom Studios
- Build and support content-rich responsive web sites
- Growing and maintaining client and internal relationships
- Fluent understanding of efficient digital workflow processes & best practices
- Ability to demonstrate good user-focused solutions
- Growing and maintaining internal relationships
- At least 2 years of focused hands-on coding and development experience
- Two years node.js experience
- Experience in web development technology
- Possess a strong understanding of information architecture best practices
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex problems and convey these approaches
- Professional-level knowledge of industry development standards
- Working knowledge of the LAMP stack
- Node.js experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, self-management and organizational skills
- Experience with React is a plus
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28423
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top