News Interaction Designer
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a designer with editorial focus to join its award-winning Visuals team in New York City.This is a rare opportunity to work closely with world-class editors, reporters, designers, developers and other visual journalists tocreate innovative designs, concepts and user-experiences for interactives, graphics, data visualizations, longform and other storytelling formats.Our work is seen by millions of people every day around the world and we are committed to the growth of visual and interactive journalism. The ideal candidate will bring a human-centered design approach to drive new ideas that advances our work on all platforms.
- At least two to three years of experience designing visual and interactive stories.
- Expertise with responsive design and best practices for designing stories for mobile devices.
- Expertise with layout, typography, color and interaction design.
- Fluency in Adobe CS, Sketch or other graphics tools.
- Prior experience in a news environment is a major asset. Otherwise, experience with content-rich digital environments is highly valued.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30002
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Design Technology
Business Area NEWS
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top