New Business Sales Executive
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we’re newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television—including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, and Barron’s. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world’s commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in twenty five languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Our Professional Information Business Sales team is currently seeking several New Business Sales Executives to join Direct Sales. The New Business Sales Executive (NBSE) is responsible for driving new business of Dow Jones products through prospecting, cold-calling and client-calls. The NBSE will nurture leads while feeding their prospect funnel. The NBSE is responsible for initiating sales activity with new-to-company prospects and new buying centers within existing clients through lead research and qualification. The NBSE will develop and execute targeted campaigns to contact prospects via telephone, email and social media. Using a consultative sales approach, the NBSE will identify and develop a good understanding of the clients’ business needs and deliver an initial value proposition of Dow Jones products to generate interest. The NBSE is responsible for managing the complete sales cycle from start to finish and based on the complexity of the opportunity, the NBSE may engage outside sales specialists. The NBSE must maintain accurate and appropriate client records within the Company’s CRM. The NBSE will develop product subject matter expertise and align with the outside sales specialists for collaboration and best practices.
- MEET NEW BUSINESS TARGETS : Generate new streams of Dow Jones revenue through sales of products and services to “new to company” prospects which address their business needs
- IDENTIFY PROSPECTS : Complete market analysis to identify good potential “new to company” target organizations, plus the specific roles and individuals to be prospected
- PROSPECT : Pro-actively contact the targets identified. The NBSE will need to quickly qualify genuine opportunities and move these to the next stage of the sales process, or quickly move on in cases where no worthwhile opportunity exists
- ANALYSE OPPORTUNITIES : Understand the business issues affecting targeted industry sectors and/or specific prospects, then ensure this knowledge is the foundation for our communications with prospects
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE : Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the Dow Jones products and solutions, and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the prospect
- FORECAST : Manage Sales Forecast and Pipeline to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process and forthcoming new business revenue
- TRACK ACTIVITY AND SUCCESS : A PROVEN SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD in a new business development role that requires cold calling
- MANAGE PROSPECT/CLIENT INFORMATION : Keep accurate and clear records within the global CRM system to provide a solid deal history, showing clearly the steps taken to reach closure on new business deals
Skills & Experience
- Confident at cold calling , understanding the best times to successfully reach prospects when they are ready to listen
- Strong results orientation , with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
- Passionate about closing business , with a “can do” attitude and ability to work independently when needed
- Good communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the Dow Jones value position is clearly articulated to prospects and a persuasive business case is presented in email and verbal communications
- Excellent telephone skills ; successful NBSEs will feel comfortable building rapport, developing business relationships and demonstrating products over the telephone
- High level of business awareness to help build credibility with the prospect, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context
- Strong negotiation and closing skills to build a solid and persuasive business case, overcome objections, use solid supporting information where necessary, and ensure sales opportunities are managed to a successful conclusion
- A proven successful track record in a new business development role that requires cold calling in to Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience selling subscription based products (business information and research) is a plus.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28817
Job Locations CAN – ON-TORONTO
Job Function ..
Business Area CORPORATE SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 Sales
Back to top