New Business Sales Executive
Dow Jones are one of the most dynamic, forward thinking companies in the world, and we operate in fast-paced industries where the right information at the right time is crucial.
As a global leader in business intelligence and Risk & Compliance, our solutions are vital to making the business world more transparent and ensure companies mitigate risk. We continually develop new technologies and solutions that transform information into insight that in turn, leads to vital business decisions.
What we offer -
The opportunity to work with one of the proven leaders in Risk & Compliance and business intelligence solutions, as well as a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow personally. A very competitive range of benefits offered by a global company.
The Role -
- The Professional Information Business (PIB) Sales team is looking for an experienced, self-sufficient New Business Sales Executive to join the growing Direct Sales team.
- The territory will cover the UK and Ireland.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for driving new business sales of Dow Jones products and has the entire portfolio of both Risk & Compliance and Data, News & Analytics (DNA) solutions to focus on.
- Through prospecting and cold-calling, you would be responsible for initiating sales activity with new-to-company prospects.
- Using a consultative sales approach, you will identify and develop a good understanding of the clients' business needs and be able to deliver a value proposition of Dow Jones products to generate interest.
- You are responsible for managing the complete sales cycle from start to finish and based on the complexity of the opportunity, the NBSE can engage with internal product specialists.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities -
- Meet a set new business sales target - Generate new streams of revenue through sales of products and services to "new to company" customers in order to achieve a predetermined sales target.
- Complete market analysis to identify good potential "new to company" target organizations, including specific buying centres and individual roles to focus on.
- Pro-actively qualify genuine opportunities and look to progress these onto the next stage of the sales process, or quickly move on in cases where no worthwhile opportunity exists
- Understand the business and regulatory issues affecting targeted industry sectors and ensure this knowledge is the foundation for your conversations with prospects
- Be able to clearly express the value proposition and benefits of Dow Jones' products and solutions, and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the prospect
- Manage your Sales Forecast and Pipeline to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process and forthcoming new business revenue
- Keep accurate and clear records within the global CRM system to provide a solid deal history, showing clearly the steps taken to reach closure on new business deals
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV to be considered along with a cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for this role.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB SALES - EMEA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 8889
Back to top