Multimedia Editor, Photos
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a multimedia editor to join its award-winning Visuals team in New York City.This is a rare opportunity to work with world-class photographers, editors, reporters, designers, developers and other visual journalists tocreate rich, interactive multimedia stories, both for breaking news as well as planned features. The job requiresdeep experience with photography, video and visual storytelling.The ideal candidate has a collaborative and innovative mindset and can quickly adapt in a fast-moving environment.Our work is seen by millions of people every day around the world and we are committed to the growth of visual and interactive journalism.
- Excellent news, storytelling and design judgement.
- Fluency with Photoshop, video and audio editing tools, and social media.
- Expertise with responsive design and best practices for designing stories for mobile devices.
- Prior experience in a news environment.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Helping reporters and editors learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling.
- The ability to teach and coach your co-workers
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to shoot photos and video is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
Applications should include portfolio links, a resume and cover letter.
About The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. & world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published byDow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28748
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area NEWS/WSJ
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top