Multimedia Art Director
The Wall Street Journal is looking to hire a team of multimedia newsroom designers. The Multimedia Art Director position is responsible for conceptualizing the design of our most important features and prominent news stories of the day. This hands-on position will include creating powerful print spreads to beautiful desktop displays to delightful mobile experiences and taking your projects from concept to final publication. This is a chance to showcase your talents and work alongside some of the best journalists in the world to tell their stories with audience-grabbing visuals. Our team can also pitch ideas for original projects and stories. We are seeking curious, entrepreneurial journalists who eagerly embrace new ways of telling stories using different visual elements including data, charts, photos, illustrations and maps.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong design skills and ability to follow established design standards
- Experience designing for both digital and print products
- Excellent communication skills up, down and across the organization.
- Established problem solving proficiency with the ability to collaborate within a team environment as well as develop concepts independently.
- The ability to multitask while prioritizing and managing work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced daily deadline-driven environment
- Strong typography skills and a mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Strong knowledge of data visualization principles, and online data viz tools
- A familiarity and enthusiasm for front end web production is essential.
- Working knowledge of modern web apps is a plus.
Applications should include a resume and cover letter.
About The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. & world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published byDow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28751
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area NEWS/WSJ
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top