Multimedia Art Director
The Wall Street Journal is looking to hire a team of multimedia newsroom designers. The Multimedia Art Director position is responsible for conceptualizing the design of our most important features and prominent news stories of the day. This hands-on position will include creating powerful print spreads to beautiful desktop displays to delightful mobile experiences and taking your projects from concept to final publication. This is a chance to showcase your talents and work alongside some of the best journalists in the world to tell their stories with audience-grabbing visuals. Our team can also pitch ideas for original projects and stories. We are seeking curious, entrepreneurial journalists who eagerly embrace new ways of telling stories using different visual elements including data, charts, photos, illustrations and maps.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong design skills and ability to follow established design standards
- Experience designing for both digital and print products
- Excellent communication skills up, down and across the organization.
- Established problem solving proficiency with the ability to collaborate within a team environment as well as develop concepts independently.
- The ability to multitask while prioritizing and managing work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced daily deadline-driven environment
- Strong typography skills and a mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Strong knowledge of data visualization principles, and online data viz tools
- A familiarity and enthusiasm for front end web production is essential.
- Working knowledge of modern web apps is a plus.
Applications should include a resume and cover letter.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28751
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area NEWS/WSJ
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top