Mobile Product Intern
The Wall Street Journal is looking for Mobile Product Intern to join the WSJ Product Design team. As member of the Mobile Product team, you will be a voice and advocate for users of our apps, apple news and push notifications, learning about their goals, desires and preferences. You will learn from and work alongside the product and iOS / Android engineering teams and to create seamless and innovative experiences readers will love. Ultimately, you will be helping shape the future of how we deliver news to our customers. This is a paid internship lasting 10 weeks.
What you'll do
- Help the Mobile Product Team drive major projects coming from all areas of the WSJ: Newsroom, Business, Design and Partnerships, to name a few
- Work with iOS, Android and Full Stack Engineers on front-end development to build and maintain iOS templates and collaborate with Android engineers for seamless launch on both systems
- Learn and partner with a multidisciplinary team including Product, Design, UX Research, Editorial and Engineering
- Focus on and take ownership of a project or initiative that spans the course of the internship
- Communicate across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project
- Help develop new approaches to complex mobile-related problems
- Stay informed with mobile trends and techniques and proactively pursue knowledge for professional development
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for identifying and solving problems (particularly in the mobile news space)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Familiarity with mobile product best practices and procedures
- Experience with digital design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop
Applications are due by May 15. Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top