Mgr Sales Operations
As part of the Global Sales Operations team the role of the EMEA Sales Operations Manager is to support the EMEA Sales and Sales Operations teams in a variety of ways. This includes, but isn't limited to:
- Being a go-to- person for Sales and Sales Operations for advice on contractual issues, commercial policy and the use of internal systems to ensure processes and best practices are adhered to.
- Monitoring the assigned sales organization's compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. This also includes co-ordination and delivery of training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Reviewing contracts signed by our customers, check for completeness and accuracy before countersigning them on behalf of Dow Jones as one of several authorized signatories.
- Working with Finance on reporting and validating reports and providing input to monthly reporting packages as well as the checking and validating of commission reports. Monitoring the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Also, recommending revisions to existing reports, or assisting in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Co-ordinating sales forecast processes, ensuring timeliness and accuracy and run and sharing the weekly forecast report. Also, provide the Pre/Post call forecast reports for the monthly forecast call and then take part in the monthly call.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for continues sales process improvement. Assisting sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Directing and supporting the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- Deputizing for the EMEA Director Sales Operations as needed.
- Ad hoc requests and projects as needed.
- Review the preliminary Net Installs report by running a variance against forecast for the current month. Feedback to Finance with any adjustments that need to be made (this would include but is not limited to; managing any accrual requests; spotting processing errors (& proceeding with action to correct them); identifying one-time revenue that is incorrectly reported; updating forecast dates for items that were not processed).
- Answer any specific Net Install related queries from both Sales & Finance.
- Comparison of the NBR grid against the Net Installs report to ensure all items are included and querying anything that may have been omitted, if necessary.
- Before signing any documents run through a checklist & as necessary search for approvals on format, pricing, T&Cs, etc.
- As main signatory for Factiva Limited/DJ International Limited, you will be required to:
- Sign any hard copy documentation received & return to clients.
- Sign any online Pdf documents that might require a manual signature (using Pdf signature).
- Manage the EMEA & APAC e-signature mailboxes.
- As part of the "EMEA CRM Team" mailbox team, respond/redirect as necessary to queries (related to SFDC, general process, invoice queries, product issues etc..).
- Support the Regional Sales Coordinators team as necessary.
- Work with the Customer relationship management (CRM) team in the US on adhoc projects/testing for new systems/processes for sales.
- Ability to effective communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Requires good organizational and proactively monitoring and striving to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Ideally experience of working in/with a sales and/or operational environment.
- Knowledge of a European language and Saleforce.com would be advantageous.
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30026
Job Locations GBR-LONDON
Job Function Sales Operations
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top