Mgr Product Technology
The platform integration and infrastructure group is seeking an IT manager who can manage a talented and experienced team of developers, architects, designers and devops, in the development and support of applications developed by the team.
The successful candidate will be a IT manager who has excellent resource management & mentoring skills, can take ownership and responsibility of diverse portfolio of integration components such as APIs, widgets & feeds, web sites and infrastructure framework software.
- Manages and mentors a highly skilled, talented and experienced team of application developers
- Design, develop & support integration components complied with industry standards
- Design, develop & support SPAs (single page apps)
- Design, develop & support infrastructure software on which apps are developed by other teams
- Builds and executes rigorous and thorough load, stress and performance tests prior to deploying software
- Applies software engineering best practices and methods
- Experienced in agile methodologies and practices
- 10+ years of SDLC experience in Internet technologies
- 8+ years of resource management and mentoring a skilled application development team.
- 4+ years of node.js app development on linux platform. Knowledge of cloud technologies is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of dot net programming to develop web sites, APIs is critical for the job
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience in developing industry standard RESTful APIs using HTTP
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills within the all development team, QA team, Business departments and operations.
- Ability to respond and resolve high priority operational issues promptly
- Ability to prioritize roadmap proposed by product management
- Ability to take ownership to solve complex and business critical problems
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29113
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top