Mgr Content Operations
The Content group manages the flow of news and information that lies at the heart of the Dow Jones Professional Information Business (PIB) products, ensuring that it is loaded, enriched and available to customers quickly and effectively. This includes working with publishers and websites to onboard content, creating and maintaining rules and systems for applying topical tagging and metadata to make our sources and stories easy to find, and compiling and surfacing useful content sets on home pages, customized newsletters and through pre-built search queries.
The Content Management group is responsible for developing, processing, monitoring and managing content within Factiva products and services. The group ensures the timely and accurate delivery of content and ensures the effective dissemination of information about our content to customers, publishers and PIB colleagues.
Content Operations , within Content, is a global function with teams in Barcelona, Princeton and Singapore, which uses a follow-the-sun content monitoring model to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of content from information providers and on to Factiva products and services.
The Manager, Content Operations (Americas) is responsible for ensuring a regional team of Content Operations specialists based in Princeton, NJ, carry out their responsibilities. Working under the direction of the Senior Manager, Content Operations, the Manager establishes key performance metrics and manages and tracks the team’s progress against performance targets, prioritizing work and balancing resources.
Key Responsibilities *:*
o Directly supervise the work of Content Operations specialists who:
o Monitor the progress of content through content processing systems to verify that key content is available on Factiva products per expected volumes and arrival times.
o Maintain and develop relationships with information providers with a view of improving data delivery.
o Follow up with information providers in the advent of data problems.
o Research and resolve Customer Service escalations regarding content delivery, article display, source coverage, etc.
o Repair exception files containing inaccurate and/or corrupt data via online tools
o Quickly and efficiently handle requests for the deletion and/or correction of news articles when requested by information providers, to limit legal liability
o Maintain the accuracy of source information in the Content Database
o Liaise with developers regarding data format issues to ensure that new and existing sources are displayed to the highest standards on all Factiva products
o Establish workflow processes that ensure that data issues that require immediate “firefighting” are addressed with the highest priority
o Develop team members and maximize career opportunities for key personnel.
o Adhere to the timeline for performance management established by HR, ensuring goals are defined/agreed and midyear/final performance reviews are handled as required.
o Train team members how to perform different tasks.
- Works with Content Development on the addition and launch of new sources.
- Works with Content Information on source record maintenance issues, particularly regarding consistency and quality assurance, and on content format issues.
- Works with managers in other Content Management centers (London, Barcelona, Singapore) on global content quality initiatives.
- Works with Information Providers to ensure licensed content adheres to our standards for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Works with Content Licensing to understand and ensure contractual obligations to Information Providers are met.
- Works with Technology and outside contractors on the maintenance and/or enhancement of editorial tools.
- Works with Customer Service and Sales to understand customer needs and answer customer questions and to set proper expectations.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in information management products or services, showing an increasing level of responsibility and/or the ability to lead.
- Understanding of Factiva product and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a global audience in writing and speech.
- Highly reliable, responsible and accountable for team and individual goals.
- High flexibility and adaptability.
- Keen problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and make timely decisions that benefit both the customer and the business.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to high quality standards.
- Positive outlook on change and a flexible approach to the work environment and structure.
- Degree and relevant work experience required.
- This is a non-union position.
- Candidate must be qualified to work in the USA.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29143
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Professional Information Business
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top