Membership Marketing Manager WSJ Pro
Membership Marketing Manager, WSJ Pro
Where am I based?
What do we do?
Dow Jones provides news and business information to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. It has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. Its leading publications and products include the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by
creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
WSJ Pro is a news, data and networking service powered by The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones. As a premium membership service, it delivers world-leading proprietary market intelligence, breaking news and industry-networking globally to elite users in a high-touch environment. Its services provide members with the tools to be more successful. Our membership groups cover a spectrum of international business and economic verticals, including: Central Banking, Financial Regulation, Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Bankruptcy.
Who is my manager?
Membership Marketing Director, WSJ Pro
What are my accountabilities?
This position will be the key marketing partner to the Membership Marketing Director (MMD), developing and executing the marketing campaign strategy, lead generation and engagement programs to drive membership growth.
- Work closely with the MMD to develop a sustainable marketing campaign strategy that with generate real and convertible opportunities for the WSJ Pro Membership Sales team, Dow Jones Corporate Sales team and Sponsorship team ;
- Identify targeted audiences and define CRM strategies to engage them with the relevant product roll-outs, events and campaigns;
- Develop and execute an events delegate plan that is focussed on attracting on-profile prospects to WSJ Pro’s series of live events, and webinars;
- Develop lead nurture programs that drives engagement with products and drive inbound response into the WSJ Pro Membership Sales team;
- Use social channels to drive awareness and engagement with target market, via both organic and paid-for means where applicable;
- Own the day to day relationships with the key sales & marketing service departments in the US, including Consumer/Branding, Corporate Marketing, Demand Generation and Events;
- Manage the prospect audience development for WSJ Pro, owning the day to day relationship with our 3rdparty research partner;
- Work closely with the Corporate Marketing team to identify and secure key partnership opportunities for WSJ Pro;
- Work closely with the sales team and sales support executives to ensure that robust lead flow processes exist and be able to report back on sales performance from marketing generated leads;
- Work closely with designs teams to ensure that all brand assets are strong, with messaging that engages the recipient and drives response;
- Support the MMD on the go-to-market strategy for all new product launches;
- Develop and maintain clear dashboards/reports that summarise the performance of the marketing campaigns, across the pre-determined KPIs/metrics:
- Share topline numbers weekly with the management team;
- Measure and manage campaign costs, efficiencies and drive ROI;
- Analyse and identify actions to drive improved performance;
- Produce monthly reports, with optimisation and recommendations, for the management team.
- Liaise with marketing peers in other Dow Jones products to leverage cross/upsell opportunities and share best practice;
- Success metrics include:
- Membership growth and renewal;
- Lead generation – top of the funnel;
- In time roll out of marketing programmes for new verticals;
- Ideation of sponsorship revenue opportunities.
What do you need from me?
- Minimum of 3 years international marketing experience, ideally in B2B publishing, events, media or agency equivalent;
- An understanding of subscription and membership business models, with proven experience in developing them;
- Proven delivery of positive results and growth through direct marketing;
- Analytical and data driven, but also have a passion for creativity and forward-thinking flair;
- Have a test-learn-measure approach to everything you do. Be able to analyse results and situations, get to solutions and recommendations quickly;
- Be able to take responsibility for initiatives and encourage a positive ‘can do’ attitude at all times;
- Be able to embrace and drive change in a pacy environment;
- Experience using CRM and marketing automation platforms, ideally with Salesforce and Eloqua;
- Digital marketing expertise that has driven business outcomes;
- A keen customer-facing attitude;
- The ability to travel internationally when needed;
- Fluent spoken and written English to the highest professional level;
- Ideally possess a Business or Marketing degree, CIM qualified and/or relevant experience.
To Apply: Please send a copy of you CV and cover letter to the link provided.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Closing Date – 2nd October 2016
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28257
Job Locations GBR – LONDON
Job Function Marketing
Business Area WSJ PRO
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Back to top