Media Sales Planner
- Work with sales team on RFPs to provide proposal ideas and inventory solutions that best meet the client expectations and proposal objectives by account/campaign (team or category) while maintaining pricing integrity and inventory package strategy
- Produce sales proposals in order management system leveraging yield tools required (does not include creation of client presentations)
- Research user data and audience metrics via research tools
- Solid understanding of Dow Jones product offering and operational capabilities
- Reserve the campaign in order management system once deal is approved
- Work with both sales team and campaign management to timely launch, and assist in client optimizations so that revenue is maintained and balanced with client goals
- Work with your manager to utilize historical data to support strategic decisions about new sales programs
- 1-2 years working with an online advertising operations or planning team
- Experience using one or more internet ad serving system and order management systems (i.e. DFP/DSM, Operative, 24/7, Adtech, OAS, etc.) preferred
- Expert level Excel modeling experience preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in person, over email and on the phone
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated
- Strong computer applications skills (Excel, Word, Access)
- BA/BS College degree preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Sales Ops/Planning/Support Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17599
Back to top