Media Litigation Counsel
Dow Jones & Company is seeking a litigation attorney to join the Dow Jones Legal Department in our New York City Office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing articles and other materials for legal concerns prior to publication.
- Advising and training journalists.
- Responding to subpoenas, and investigating complaints and queries.
- This attorney will also work on intellectual property and advertising issues and assist with oversight of Dow Jones’s general litigation portfolio, in the U.S. and abroad.
- 4-6 years of experience representing media companies on defamation, copyright, privacy, access, and other matters.
- JD from a well-regarded law school.
- Must be able to provide practical legal advice and support in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- A superior work ethic.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Dedication to ethics and professional responsibility.
- Dow Jones is part of a fast-paced and rapidly transforming industry that is constantly innovating; therefore, the successful candidate must be able to handle high volumes of work in a timely manner, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and learn new products, businesses, and technologies.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28323
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Legal
Business Area LEGAL
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 People, Legal, Finance
Back to top