Mechanical Maintenance Specialist/Supervisor
- Federal Way, WA
Direct the daily operation of a Dow Jones printing plant mechanical maintenance
department with respect to meeting the pressroom, mailroom, and building equipment requirements necessary to meet customer expectations for reproduction quality, content freshness and productivity, while managing materials consumption cost effectively. Employ best performance practices, continuous improvement processes/procedures, staff schedules, and effective staff development to achieve results.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment that requires electrical and/or mechanical upkeep. Identify and resolve problems utilizing structured troubleshooting methods, techniques and tools for systems, electromechanical equipment, software applications and data communications.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and set equipment to meet tolerances of the drawings.
- Communicate effectively with the press room, mailroom and other departments to ensure that maintenance programs underway at the plant are effective, carried out to achieve the highest level of quality available with today's manufacturing equipment, and are prioritized to address production quality requirements.
- Direct machinist operations in a coordinated effort to assist the press room/mail room managers to continuously improve upon the Production Quality Score, which integrates key performance measures such as reproduction quality, content freshness, productivity, and cost effective materials consumption.
- Work with the maintenance staff to troubleshoot, ensure that equipment is maintained in operating condition through preventive maintenance programs and accurate, useful timely maintenance records
- Develop and maintain goals and objectives of the department.
- Actively administer where applicable local labor agreements and company management guidelines/policies in coordination with the, technical services/production manager
- Provide ongoing training and development on all job functions within the machinist or machinist/building department
- With the technical services managers oversight develop and deliver written performance reviews (unless union contract provides another mechanism or specifically prohibits them) and development plans to the press staff annually. Maintain accurate written records of employee performance and disciplinary issues. Make salary recommendations where applicable, for the technical services manager review.
- Assist in hiring, training, developing and maintaining a diverse, highly skilled staff.
- Assist the technical services manager in implementing policies/practices regarding equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, regulatory agency safety, and environmental requirements.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - PRINT SERVICES
Job Category: Production Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 20061
Back to top