Marketing Manager, Wall Street Journal Conferences and Events
About this role:
The Marketing Manager will join the entrepreneurial team that produces world-class conferences at The Wall Street Journal. The team creates, runs and manages successful conferences and by invitation membership groups which convene the world's leading C Suite executives, politicians, industry experts and vertical business communities. The roster of conferences and membership groups will grow significantly over the next few years, and this is a high-profile role with exposure to Dow Jones' and the Journal's senior leadership.
- Create, manage and execute c-suite memberships & event marketing plans
- Manage marketing budgets monitoring ROI for all marketing campaigns
- Develop marketing & creative briefs
- Lead cross-functional project meetings
- Create copy for email campaigns, printed brochures, letter mailings, and print and digital ads
- Manage event inboxes
- Request invite lists from list researcher and ensure there are sufficient leads. Be able to research other options for additional leads.
- Deploy all email invites and monitor open/click rates
- Regular web site maintenance and edits
- On-site event support
- Post-event reporting and analysis
- 3-5 years marketing experience with B2B or B2C brands
- Experience managing end to end marketing from analysis and planning through execution of successful marketing programs
- Must be a creative thinker who continuously crafts innovative ideas to reach target audiences
- Must have experience managing marketing budgets
- Must have digital marketing expereince with new digital trends and experiences and can think and execute across digital, social and mobile platforms
- Analytical mind-set with a passion for user behavior and a relentless drive for performance to optimize marketing campaigns for maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29955
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area CONFERENCES
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top