Marketing Manager, Dow Jones News & Insights
We are seeking an experienced B2B marketing manager to support the News & Insight business at Dow Jones - a leading news, data and information powerhouse. This position will help achieve brand, engagement, retention and revenue goals by developing and collaborating on multi-channel product launches, engagement programs and demand generation campaigns.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, News & Insight, the Marketing Manager will be a key driver of overarching marketing objectives for the the News & Insight business, including: generating high-quality leads resulting in documented sales opportunities; driving demand and awareness in the marketplace as the owners and champions of the News & Insight sub brands; leveraging strategic partner relationships to cultivate additional streams of revenue and lead gen; and identifying opportunities for collaboration and co-marketing across the whole of Dow Jones (including consumer brands) and broader News Corp network.
Dow Jones' News & Insight business delivers news, data and tools for professionals across financial services and corporate markets. Its principal businesses are Factiva, the professional research engine with a global news database that powers strategic decisions, monitors reputation, and builds sales pipeline; and Dow Jones Newswire, which offers a portfolio of news, data and insights to identify trading and investing opportunities, deliver personalized advice, and engage investors in financial portals.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Helping develop and execute go-to-market plans for new products and features within the News & Insight portfolio, including defining and articulating core propositions and use cases for buying centers, aligning relevant promotional opportunities to the wider marketing strategy, aiding in the development of a sales training program focused on solution-selling, managing content programs, and designing communications programs to support lead generation and retention objectives.
- Developing a deep understanding of priority persona / audience segments to shape positioning and value propositions of existing solutions in the News & Insight portfolio.
- Executing plans that leverage owned channels, such as website, blog, social and Dow Jones owned media, as well as paid media, events and other content marketing efforts e.g. webinars.
- Working closely with lead gen, creative and event team-members, as well as product, sales, sales enablement, customer intelligence and other groups to deploy marketing campaigns based on customer insight and data.
- Working with the News & Insight Marketing Director to inform and develop the global marketing strategy for the News & Insight business to drive robust retention and accelerated growth across our multiple products and services; contributing to major brand marketing activations.
- Owning the News & Insight partner marketing strategy, working with the partnerships team to identify select strategic partners and develop subsequent co-marketing plans and scalable engagement / promotional tactics.
Qualifications & Criteria:
- 4-6 years B2B and digital marketing experience.
- Familiarity with financial markets and financial professionals.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders across different teams concurrently.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G Suite required.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms e.g. Eloqua.
- Experience with other sales and marketing tools e.g. Salesforce, ON24, Adobe.
- Experience with content management systems preferable.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tools, channels and platforms.
- Bachelor's degree.
Manager: Marketing Director, News & Insights
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: SOLUTIONS ENGINE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13086
Back to top