The Wall Street Journal conferences team is looking to hire a full-time Marketing Manager who would report to the Director of Marketing and Audience Development. This role will support the conference team in the promotion and execution of the Journal’s high-level executive conferences by growing and enhancing its audience and membership base.
- Create and execute event marketing plans, including managing and meeting deadlines associated with all aspects of the marketing campaign
- Manage marketing budgets monitoring ROI for all marketing campaigns
- Develop marketing briefs prior to the launch of each event. These briefs would outline key event details such as ticket pricing, target audience, potential industry partners, etc.
- Create copy for email campaigns, printed brochures, letter mailings, and print and digital ads
- Manage event inboxes
- Request invite lists from list researcher and ensure there are sufficient leads. Be able to research other options for additional leads.
- Deploy all email invites and monitor open/click rates
- Regular website maintenance and edits ensuring conference website copy details are up to date and current
- Manage social media plan leading up to the event as well as on-site tweeting
- On-site support with registration
- Reach out to appropriate prospects for supporting partnerships (media outlets and trade associations)
- Post-event reporting and analysis
- 3+ years experience marketingB2B conferences or events
- Experience managing end to end marketing from analysis and planning through execution of successful marketing programs
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Able to work to lead a team and engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Must be a creative thinker who continuously crafts innovative ideas to reach target audiences
- Must have experience managing marketing budgets
- Must be on top of new digital trends and experiences and can think and execute across digital, social and mobile platforms
- Analytical mind-set with a passion for user behavior and a relentless drive for performance to optimize marketing campaigns for maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28344
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area CONSUMER SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Back to top