Marketing Manager – WSJ Conferences, Dow Jones
What do we do? Dow Jones provides news and business information to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. It has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. Its leading publications and products include the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
About this role:
The Wall Street Journal conferences team is looking to hire a full-time Marketing Manager who would report to the Director of Marketing and Audience Development. This role will support the conference team in the promotion and execution of the Journal’s high-level executive conferences by growing and enhancing its audience and membership base.
- Create, manage and execute event marketing plans
- Manage marketing budgets monitoring ROI for all marketing campaigns
- Develop marketing briefs prior to the launch of each event. These briefs would outline key event details such as ticket pricing, target audience, potential industry partners, etc.
- Create copy for email campaigns, printed brochures, letter mailings, and print and digital ads
- Manage event inboxes
- Request invite lists from list researcher and ensure there are sufficient leads. Be able to research other options for additional leads.
- Deploy all email invites and monitor open/click rates
- Regular web site maintenance and edits
- Manage social media plan leading up to the event as well as on-site tweeting
- On-site support with registration
- Reach out to appropriate prospects for supporting partnerships (media outlets and trade associations)
- Post-event reporting and analysis
- 3+ years experience marketing B2B conferences or events
- Experience managing end to end marketing from analysis and planning through execution of successful marketing programs
- Must be a creative thinker who continuously crafts innovative ideas to reach target audiences
- Must have experience managing marketing budgets
- Must be on top of new digital trends and experiences and can think and execute across digital, social and mobile platforms
- Analytical mind-set with a passion for user behavior and a relentless drive for performance to optimize marketing campaigns for maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28937
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area CONFERENCES
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top