Marketing Manager/ DJMG
Dow Jones Media Group is a collection of premier brands as well as global providers of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with Marketing
- Ensure creative briefs are approved to be sent to design
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project for larger projects
- Determine the resources (time, cost, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review project schedules with Marketing and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Ensure QC is appropriately part of every project scope
- Ensure the resource hours allocated in project P&L stay within scope
- Work closely with the team members to ensure the project production runs smoothly
- Professionally lead Client facing conversations in connection to any project
- Will require some finance involvement with PO creation, PO approvals and ensure freelancers are set-up to be paid accordingly
Staff the project
- In consultation with the leadership team assign staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage workflow according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate in connection with Marketing
Implement the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities and project resource hours
- Make sure that all communication from all parties are logged in Jira tickets to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project in Jira and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project in partnership with The Box Director
- Using Jira update project leads and team members on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: DJ MEDIA GROUP OFFICE
Job Category: Marketing Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 13641
Back to top