Marketing Director, Solutions, EMEA
Marketing Director, EMEA Solutions (fixed term contract)
VP, Industry Client Services
Dow Jones Solutions is the strategic, creative, innovative and efficient powerhouse transforming Dow Jones from a seller of media products into a partner known for game-changing solutions. Under the leadership of our chief solutions officer, the Solutions group will support our organization's transformation from selling to solving, which involves:
• Reinventing how we work both internally and with our clients and their agencies - with a focus on long term partnerships
• Reimagining the suite of products, solutions and IP we have to offer our clients, in addition to custom solutions and content
• Reworking how we measure the effectiveness of our solutions - from eyeballs to engagement, and eventually to attribution
• Shifting our clients' mindsets from needing to advertise with us to wanting to partner with us
The Marketing Director, EMEA Solutions role sits within the Solutions group's EMEA regional office in London. Within this context, the Marketing Director will directly support the growth of Dow Jones' media solutions revenues in the EMEA region through multi-channel trade marketing efforts directed at client and media agencies in the region, with the goal of building greater awareness, understanding and preference for Dow Jones' media solutions there.
The role will collaborate very closely with the Head of Solutions Sales, EMEA and Client Services Director, EMEA.
- To build greater awareness, understanding and preference for Dow Jones' media solutions, the Marketing Director, EMEA Solutions will be responsible for:
- Analyzing sales data and account intelligence, interviewing EMEA team leads, and soliciting client and agency feedback to determine the stature and strength of Dow Jones in market
- Managing the day-to-day execution of the marketing plan, from brokering of partnerships, creation of materials, production of activations overseeing campaigns (events, digital, print) to follow-up
- Management of marketing budget
- Writing and submitting award submissions
- Leading PR/comms strategies to promote key wins and developments
- Liaising with internal teams to leverage resources/skillsets across the DJ organization to realize this vision
- Tracking and reporting on performance across a range of key metrics
- Optimizing marketing plan on a quarterly basis to reflect lessons from performance analysis above
Success for this role will ultimately be measured in two ways:
YOY increase in awareness, understanding and preference metrics
YOY growth in EMEA media solutions pipeline
Direct Client/Agency feedback on events/activations
Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated experience developing effective, cross-channel marketing strategies and smart marketing partnerships
• Proven ability to translate vision into results with clear roadmaps, timelines and resource/budget management
• Demonstrated experience managing marketing activations on deadline, on brief and on budget
• Familiar with marketing campaign measurement tools and techniques, as well as Salesforce CRM
• Track record of building strong internal and external relationship networks with influencers, vendors and customers
• Comfortable working in highly matrixed organizations
- Excellent time management, organisation and people skills as well as the ability to manage and complete numerous tasks at once.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: SOLUTIONS ENGINE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11826
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top