Manager, Sponsorship Activation
We are on a mission to define, develop, and deliver incredible solutions that delight our audiences and enable us and our partner's brands to be smarter. In doing so, we will change how we do business and how the outside world views Dow Jones. We are a unified collective of intelligent thinkers and IP builders, modern makers and agile do-ers — strategically proactive and nimbly reactive in how we work. The Solutions engine is responsible for:
- Across-the-board strategic services - for clients, our businesses and our brands
- Internal consulting & planning support
- External consulting services
- Creation of complex client solutions
- Creative and production operations & services
- DJ Custom Studios - our custom content newsroom
- DJ Event Management - our event management team
The Dow Jones Events Management team will be responsible for:
- All events logistics and execution - for alltypes of events; conferences to brand events to dinners and beyond
- Audience development - outside of C-Suite
- End-to-end ownership of custom event delivery
- Sponsorship activation
The team consists of a group of internal event experts - covering all logistics, management, experience and audience needs. They partner with external suppliers and agencies to execute events and produce on site experiences to the highest degree. The team will deliver on the brief of the MDs or the external customer.
The Sponsorship Activation Manager, Event Management will be responsible for supporting sponsor procurement and satisfaction for Dow Jones Events.
The Sponsorship Activation, Event Management will be responsible for supporting sponsor procurement and satisfaction for Dow Jones Events. This is a client-facing role that requires poise, excellent project management skills, organization, and superior communication skills.
- Provide sponsors with a seamless experience by developing relevant activations that integrate with our event objectives and positively portray their brand to high caliber attendees
- Serve as the liaison and single point of contact between event sponsors, their agencies, and all Dow Jones production teams and vendors
- Support the Dow Jones Events team in achieving sales goals by managing all sponsor deliverables from planning, through execution, to debrief
- Build strong partnerships with DJ Events, Editorial, and Creative teams to ensure sponsor interests are well represented as we look to push the boundaries for how we integrate brands into the event experience
- Work with the Sales Enablement team within the Revenue Engine to generate appealing selling materials for the Client Solutions, Conferences team
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of events and sales marketing experience
- Experience in experiential marketing.
- Experience in client interaction and service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and customer service skills
- Ability to interface with key internal and external groups and teams within the organization
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29640
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Advertising
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top