Manager, Sanctions & Other Official Lists
Manager, Sanctions & Other Official Lists
Manager, Sanctions & Other Official Lists, heads a specialist team of regional Research Editors responsible for the “Special Lists” (Sanction List, Other Official List and Other Exclusion List) content within Dow Jones Risk and Compliance, ensuring this crucial data is kept up-to-date and meets client requirements in terms of content, quality and timeliness.
The Dow Jones Risk and Compliance business provides a comprehensive response to financial regulations by offering global, accurate, up-to-date information on people and entities – enabling customers to meet regulatory guidelines, perform enhanced due diligence, control money laundering and illicit payments, and manage risk across their business.
The Special Lists content is a core and high-profile part of the Risk and Compliance offering and has expanded significantly in recent years and continues to do so. The Manager, Sanctions & Other Official Lists will, oversee the continued expansion of the content, ensuring the Special Lists team is processing the addition and maintenance of new content efficiently, quickly and accurately while adhering to the relevant guidelines. You must be proficient at leading teams to analyze and process large volumes of data in a variety of formats and will work with the relevant Product lead in analyzing and prioritizing the addition of new list-related content.
The Manager, Sanctions & Other Official Lists will be responsible for a team who research, monitor, update and maintain the profiles of individuals and entities listed on the official lists issued by government bodies and regulators around the world. These lists are usually sanctions, enforcement or exclusion-related and may be published in English or other languages. It is particularly vital that sanctions updates are processed quickly and accurately in accordance with client expectations and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). The Manager, Sanctions & Other Official Lists is responsible for leading the sanctions monitoring process. Duties will duties include recruitment, defining goals in line with the overall objectives of Dow Jones to grow the Professional Information Business, performance management and identifying and implementing the coaching and development of staff. In order to shape and support the Lists team to meet its goals, you are required to keep detailed and accurate records, measure performance and provide clear guidance to the team on progress and requirements to ensure the goals are met.
You will also be responsible for ensuring available team resources are allocated appropriately across the group and for identifying efficiencies within processes and procedures as well as ensuring teams embrace any new technology, skills and policies to ensure success.
You will be called on frequently to provide support in the sales process by attending sales presentations, sales calls or providing documentation and insight into the research process to the Sales Team and prospects. They will also be required to respond in a clear and timely manner to queries from clients, prospects, the Sales Team and the Product Teams about current coverage, client requirements and any proposed changes to coverage.
You will work with other managers within the Special Lists team to determine enhancements to processes, research tools and editorial systems.
They will work closely with the other teams in Risk and Compliance ensuring the overall integrity of data.
- Experience managing a Special Lists research team
- Excellent understanding of Risk and Compliance, its structure, content and methodology
- Experience defining coverage and workflows for efficient and timely production of content
- Ability to manage multiple teams, both locally and remotely, and to supervise, motivate and develop both managers and research editors
- Strong customer focus and experience handling complex Special List-related client queries
- Delivers what is required, when it is required
- Ability to determine and juggle priorities
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to make timely decisions
- Efficient at using collaborative working relationships to accomplish goals
- Detail orientation and a focus on quality
- Ability to adapt readily to changing customer demands and allocate resources appropriately
- Ability to take ownership of issues
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both internally and externally)
- Education to degree level
- Fluency in English (written and spoken). In addition, professional-level fluency in at least one other Risk & Compliance language would be an advantage.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28394
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Professional Information Business
Job Area2 ..
Back to top