Manager, FP&A, CMO
The FP&A group is currently seeking a Finance Manager to support the WSJ Membership team, with focus on brand expense management, conferences and new subscription product businesses. The successful candidate will help develop, communicate and monitor departmental budgets and forecasts. The candidate will also aid business partners in assessing the financial impact of their recommendations/decision by regularly developing, analyzing and presenting business case models.
- Working closely with business partners to review and prepare budgets and forecast.
- Build business case models to evaluate the financial impact of decisions.
- Create routine reporting of financial performance.
- Create variance and trending analyses which monitor performance against budgets and forecast.
- Assist in KPI (key performance indicator) collection and reporting.
- Manage group headcount and compensation detail
- Additional ad-hoc requests as deemed necessary by business or financial needs.
- Will be required to work on projects on an as-needed basis.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major in finance or other related fields.
- Professional qualification preferred (CPA/CIMA/MBA/CA etc.)
- 5+ years of related financial experience.
- Experience supporting marketing and/or subscription business a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills required.
- Ability to recognize problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions and define/suggest resolutions.
- Business case modeling skills preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills are a must.
- Must understand the basic concepts related to financial analysis such as (a) accrual accounting and (b) rate/volume analysis.
- Must pass initial test which assesses (a) ability to manipulate data in Excel, (b) identify errors and © communicate one’s work clearly.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28693
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 People, Legal, Finance
Back to top