Manager, Due Diligence Research
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we''re newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron''s, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world''s commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
The Manager plays a key role in the continuing market success of Risk and Compliance and is responsible for managing a team of Research Editors in Princeton. The team is responsible for researching and writing on high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publically-available and proprietary sources across various countries, including the US.
The Manager works closely with their peers and reports to ensure that our content is kept up to date and meets client requirements of content and quality. The Manager is also required to provide training/mentoring and leadership to other Research Editors in the wider Data Strategy research team when necessary, and ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
The Manager may also be called on to assist other teams in Data Strategy with special projects from time to time, according to their individual skills and knowledge.
- Lead, in a collaborative environment, a highly dedicated research team to achieve Dow Jones's output/quality/timeliness targets. The Manager's duties include building the team, defining goals and developmental directions, identifying and implementing coaching needs for staff.
- Allocate country research responsibilities across the team of Research Editors to deliver the most comprehensive, accurate, up-to-date and thorough coverage possible to meet client expectations.
- Promote the research process internally and externally and support Risk and Compliance Solutions Sales Specialists in prospecting and selling the service.
- Ensure that clients receive clear, responsive communication to queries relating to the Dow Jones research process and its content.
- Previous experience in the field of Due Diligence desirable
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following languages: Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, German, Chinese or Arabic preferable.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and precisely from another language into English
- Strong editing, proofreading, research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information.
- Knowledge of US public records/litigation records desirable.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team, to build and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to adapt readily to changing customer requirements, positive outlook on change, self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to manage a team of researchers and to train/mentor them to greater success
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30358
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top