Manager, Customer Intelligence
Role Profile: Customer Intelligence Manager for the Professional Information Business at Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news and data gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Customer Intelligence & Data team
The Customer Intelligence & Data team is responsible for increasing Total Customer Value for Dow Jones through the delivery of engaging customer interactions across all products and channels. It is powered by high quality data, trusted insights, precise targeting and exceptional delivery.
Customer Intelligence Manager, PIB (Professional Information Business)
As part of PIB business unit within wider Customer Intelligence team help define and deliver the key customer insights PIB need to drive and increase Total Customer Value.
Based in: London UK/New York, US
Reports to: Customer Intelligence Director, PIB
- Represent the voice of the customer to ensure that insight is at the heart of decision making on a day to day basis. This would champion the customer, challenge any plans and initiatives that are not customer focused and propose solutions that profitably meet customer needs / wants.
- Drive a culture of customer-led thinking across the business, through sharing relevant customer & market research to aid better decision making and action across all functions.
- Deliver impact by monitoring and maximizing the value of projects where insight plays a significant role. Institute commercial evaluation of all projects at key stages and monitor and report the value outcomes of all projects.
- Continually evolve and develop the capability and talent within the team to optimise their potential contribution.
- Deliver best in class quality research and insight methodologies by agreeing and prioritizing a program of research & insight to meet PIB business unit needs.
- Develop briefs to meet business and project needs, lead selection of partner research agencies on an ad hoc basis, and manage research agencies and projects to budget, working across the team.
- Develop, maintain and broaden internal and external network in order to keep up-to-date on best in class innovations, insight and delivery of experience and to translate evolving insight strategies and priorities.
- At least 2 years’ of customer insight/research experience in relevant fields (media, publishing, telco). Experience in the B2B space is an advantage.
- Demonstrative evidence of thorough understanding of a varied range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Prior experience of managing primary research projects end-to-end, from briefing to debriefing stage.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and story-telling skills and a sharp attention to detail.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-29069
Job Locations GBR – LONDON
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top